Need networking help

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If someone knows about home networking, in this case a Linksys WRT56G router and DSL modem, please PM me. I'm having trouble sharing files on my wireless network, and my laptop doesn't have enough HDD space to keep pictures on it. I just want to work on them there so that I have a choice of seating positions in my house and am not stuck on the desktop all the time..

Even when I connect with the ethernet cable I cannot view other shared drives... What am I doing wrong?

Run the network setup wizard on both computers and make sure the name of the workgroup is the same on both of them, make sure also that file sharing is turned on.

If someone knows about home networking, in this case a Linksys WRT56G router and DSL modem, please PM me. I'm having trouble sharing files on my wireless network, and my laptop doesn't have enough HDD space to keep pictures on it. I just want to work on them there so that I have a choice of seating positions in my house and am not stuck on the desktop all the time..

If all the computers are able to browse the internet, then you do not need to pay attention to your router nor your DSL modem.

Are you using Windows based PCs?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back