Need some advice

tmartin2347

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This past weekend bought a book at the book store call Magic Lantern Guides and it came with two dvds and it's specific for my camera. He mentions in the book to pick up a card reader for transferring your photos to your computer easier and faster, anyone help me out with where I can pick up a good one? And what companies make the best ones. I've done some research on them but they're a lot of companies out there who make them.

Some computer already has a reader, if your computer do not have one, just get one. I think they are about the same. Just make sure it is at least USB 2.0

I bought a card reader with my first digital camera and it was OK for a while and then worked only sporadically. I started using the USB cable that came with the camera to connect the camera to the computer and download that way, and found it to be just as easy, so that's what I've been doing since then. Even most older computers like mine have at least one USB port on the front.

Card readers are, for the mos part, pretty generic. You can get them at any electronics store. As mentioned, make sure it's USB 2.0 not 1.0

One exception that I know of, are the Sandisk Extreme IV cards & reader. When using those cards in conjunction with that specific card reader, the upload speeds are supposed to be a lot faster.

I don't like to connect my camera to the computer because it would be too easy to snag the cable, sending the camera crashing to the floor.

Most reactions

Back