Need some advice!

PhotoFrenzie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a d7000 with a 50mm f1.4 that is mounted on it all the time.
I want to get another lens, its between the Sigma 70-200 and the Nikon 17-55 f2.8.
Which one should I get?

PhotoFrenzie said:
I have a d7000 with a 50mm f1.4 that is mounted on it all the time.
I want to get another lens, its between the Sigma 70-200 and the Nikon 17-55 f2.8.
Which one should I get?

Those are 2 completely different lenses. What do you need a new lens for? What do you want to (or mainly) shoot? Is the 50 too tight or do you need longer reach?

I mostly shoot up north (minnesota). I could use the extra focal length but I would love to do landscape photography. Also I shoot ski photography if that helps.

I gotta ask. Why are you wanting two totally different lenses. Those lenses are for totaly different uses.
Tell us what your needs for the lenses are and it will be easier to point you in the right direction.

Why don't you buy the 70-200 and a 24mm. That should cover you and save some money rather than buying both zooms. Unless you get a great zoom, the wides tend to fall off badly at the edges.

I mostly shoot up north (minnesota).......

Won't you get arrested for that?

Seriously, it sounds like you need both lenses. The WA for landscapes, the tele for sports.

Sigma 17-50mm 2.8 will be a good choice. It's not really much worse than Nikon. That way, you have that extra money and could save a bit more and get the Sigma 70-200mm.

Most reactions

Back