Need some feedback for a newbie.. :)

Morningstarr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to a local bar, and they kindly let me take some practice shots of their drinks.. I just need a little feedback on what how I did so far.. mind you I'm much a newbie I used a Nikon D3100 with a 50 mm lens thanks so much again in advance :hail::wink:

Attachments

• $freak show drinks 015.JPG
    $freak show drinks 015.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 151
  • $freak show drinks 260.JPG
    $freak show drinks 260.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 123
  • $freak show drinks 322.JPG
    $freak show drinks 322.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 124
For 2 and 3 Id say you want tighter crops. Fill the frame with the drink. Also the person in the background is a bit distracting.

Hi Morningstarr, I think you have done very well here. The colour in the drinks is good, and the drinks themselves are sharp and clear.

Possibly #2 could use 1/2 to 1 stop less exposure.

Good work for getting out there and taking some shots. I must say that the woman in the background behind the bar looks interesting
too, when you were taking the shots, you could have also tried putting the focus on her and letting the drink blur in the foreground. One
of the great benefits of digital photography is that you can take lots of shots and sort it out later, so when you have done the hard work
of getting yourself in front of something to photograph, go nuts!!

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Simplify. First rule of good composition. Eliminate all distractions. The people in the background are really major distractions.
Your focus, Depth of field and color look great. The exposure in the second one is a bit high. That white blow out on the garnish really pulls.

Most reactions

Back