Need some help/feedback on my fashion shoots!

Wow, They really gave you some great info! There really isn't anything left to say, but keep us updated on your work. :)

Hey, guys!

Aside from nature & wildlife photography, I'm also very (!) interested in fashion photography. I'm currently lacking models though, so I'm "using what I can get" and asked my brother to help me out a couple of times. I also do self-portraits a lot but I'm trying to do them in a way that they don't just look like regular selfies but fashion shots for practice instead. I don't have studio lights or any other equipment I think I'd need, so I'm always using one of our doors as a background.

(I won't deny my narcissistic tendencies at this point, I enjoy looking at the results of my selfportraits and also editing them to make them look even better. But it starts getting boring at some point, so I'm currently trying to convince a couple of friends, male as well as female, to stand as models for me and help me practice.)

Idk, tell me what you think. How can I improve on this? Is there anything I should change, or is it good the way it is? What do I have to keep in mind when doing shoots like these? Is there a technique to go with that? I'm absolutely clueless, I just do what I feel is right, haha!

(The ones with the door painted green are older, my other brother repainted it black a few months ago.)

#1: Mr. Fedora
View attachment 107036

#2: Mr. Fedora 2
View attachment 107037

#3: Baby, It's Cold Outside
View attachment 107043

#4: Claire's Jewellery (I currently work at a Claire's store, by the way. Trying to advertise just a little bit here, haha!)
View attachment 107042

#5: New Glasses
View attachment 107046

#6: Rocka Rolla
View attachment 107044

#7: One, two, three, ROCK!
View attachment 107045

Most reactions

New Topics

Back