Need Some Help

Jessejw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Could some one please tell me of a good starter camera that wont break the bank because I am only 16 and i don't work a ton of hours because of school.

and how much would this stuff be worth?

MC MINOLTA CELTIC 1:2.8 f=35mm 4024525 MINOLTA LENS
100_0621.jpg

TAMPRON-F ZOOM 1:4.6 f=85 ~ 210mm
100_0620.jpg

srT101 minolta Camera
100_0619.jpg

The SRT-101 is worth about $70 body only if it's in good condition (no light leaks, TTL is functional). With the 50 mm f/1.7 lens, call it $120. The condition of the camera is so very important to establishing it's value and the numbers I quote are just ballpark estimates.

The 35 mm Minolta lens is worth about $30.

The SRT-101 first hit the market in 1966 and was in production for about 10 years.

A Minolta SRT-101 was the first 'real camera' I had. I got it in 1981.

That's a really poor image of the Tamron lens. Call it worth $30 tops.

The Weston light meter is worth about $10.

You can always look on eBay and KEH.com to get an idea of value.

A good entry level DSLR to start with is a Canon XS (1000D) or a Nikon D40. Both will be about $325 with an 18-55 kit lens after Christmas, and don't confuse selling price with asking price. Selling price is usually somewhat lower than asking price.

The SRT-101 is worth about $70 body only if it's in good condition (no light leaks, TTL is functional). With the 50 mm f/1.7 lens, call it $120. The condition of the camera is so very important to establishing it's value and the numbers I quote are just ballpark estimates.

The 35 mm Minolta lens is worth about $30.

The SRT-101 first hit the market in 1966 and was in production for about 10 years.

A Minolta SRT-101 was the first 'real camera' I had. I got it in 1981.

That's a really poor image of the Tamron lens. Call it worth $30 tops.

The Weston light meter is worth about $10.

You can always look on eBay and KEH.com to get an idea of value.

A good entry level DSLR to start with is a Canon XS (1000D) or a Nikon D40. Both will be about $325 with an 18-55 kit lens after Christmas, and don't confuse selling price with asking price. Selling price is usually somewhat lower than asking price.

Thank you for the information. I'm not sure if there is any light leaks and if the TTL is functional. Could you tell me how to find out? I am a real beginner.

I'm not sure if there is any light leaks and if the TTL is functional. Could you tell me how to find out? I am a real beginner.

Run a roll of film through, have it developed and as long as you don't see any strange dark/over-exposed areas, or repeating patterns of shadows, you can assume it's light-tight (basically, if the negatives come back looking good, it's probably okay).

I'm not sure if there is any light leaks and if the TTL is functional. Could you tell me how to find out? I am a real beginner.

Run a roll of film through, have it developed and as long as you don't see any strange dark/over-exposed areas, or repeating patterns of shadows, you can assume it's light-tight (basically, if the negatives come back looking good, it's probably okay).

Okay thank you and have a happy holiday.

Most reactions

Back