Need some ideas/help guys.. Pic inside

Enem178

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kwaltonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok I have my home studio set up in an extra room in my apt. My problem is the apt is fully carpeted so I had to put something under the background paper to make a floor. At this time i've been using 2 pieces of 3/4 in plywood but even with 2 pieces its not big enough to utilize all of the paper. I also don't want to many pieces of wood because they start to separate and ill be changing ripped and damaged paper OFTEN.

Hopefully somebody has faced the same challenges and can recommend a cheap and readily available solution. I was thinking maybe something from home depot but before I bought anything I want to see what ideas you guys have. Thanks

Current floor
DSC05967.jpg

Many use plexiglass on top of, rather than underneath the paper.

4 x 8 sheets of plexi is kind of expensive though, and it's a consumable because it scratches.

So the next solution is use a couple of 4 x 8 sheets of the plywood under the paper but to make the top surface smooth put a couple of 4 x 8 sheets of fake bathroom wall tile (tile board) on top of the plywood.

If you had white seamless you could go with just the tile board sheets, backside up (white) on top of the paper, or with the plywood sheets under the paper and the tile board on top.

Thought about that too but i dont have a way of transporting one as big as I think I would need about 9 x 6 but yeah that was considered and still may be the best answer especially cost wise. Thx

I like that KMH!! Cheap bathroom tile on top of the ply wood would solve the problem and wouldnt have to worry about transporting a huge piece of wood. THX!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back