Need some ideas/input

NikonNewbie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so since I'm a SAHM I'm gonna try to get a few shots around the house...I have several ideas but the lighting situation wont be great if not nil.

So, first of all, we have a perfectly good old 40 chevy pickup in the garage but the garage is EXTREMELY poorly lit, there are 3 flourensent lights that hang from the ceiling and one 75wt bulb that comes on that is attatched to the garage door opener...My husband has those lights that hang from stuff (with a cage around it)...could I get away with these lights and maybe a flashlight with a super bright bulb? I'm worried that if I take pictures of lets say the tail lights;...that the chrome will be just one huge shiney spot. I took some pics last night in the garage (of my husband on his half pipe) in auto and M, and they both look dark and shady.

I've never used lights/lighting because all my pics are usually taken outdoors or when the light is coming into my house in the morning..even then I get panes..dunno what to do for lighting?

I took some pics last night in the garage (of my husband on his half pipe) in auto and M, and they both look dark and shady.

Do you know how "M" works? Or what it means?

It's manual mode...and I tried changing the aperture and the shutter speed but I found it impossible to get the light meter to stay right in the middle, so I tried it in the house and when the exposure meter said it was right in the middle it was dark, then exactly a sec later...same place it was lighter...I"m still learning how this camera works, so I'm trying to make sure I have light around in case I cant make the shots work.

If I might, perhaps some reading is in order. The Cambridge in Colour series of tutorials are, IMO, well-written, easy to understand documents which I often use as a reference for people new to the hobby.

Most reactions

Back