What's new

Need some input, please :)

granolamom

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everybody!

I'm new here, and signed up because I am applying to design school and am preparing a portfolio. I have to include a variety of different pieces and want to include a photograph or two, but really don't know much about what makes a good photograph as opposed to just a nice picture. They have to be artistic, have good composition, etc. I would love some input on some photos I have taken. I only have very basic knowledge of photography... have taken the Nikon beginners photography course and that's about it.

I would love it if I could post some photos and you let me know which ones are better and why. Thanks!

3282493680_bfba1630b2_b.jpg


4112448418_5d0e2c7698_b.jpg


4111723891_fd1971e994_b.jpg


4112494384_82a2a678ee_b.jpg


(EDITED out some photos for easier C&C)
 
Last edited:
Quickly glanced through it - seem to be overexposed - all of them.
 
Hi everybody!

I'm new here, and signed up because I am applying to design school and am preparing a portfolio. I have to include a variety of different pieces and want to include a photograph or two, but really don't know much about what makes a good photograph as opposed to just a nice picture. They have to be artistic, have good composition, etc. I would love some input on some photos I have taken. I only have very basic knowledge of photography... have taken the Nikon beginners photography course and that's about it.

I would love it if I could post some photos and you let me know which ones are better and why. Thanks!


4112494384_82a2a678ee_b.jpg
IMO, this is the best of the group. The diagonal of the dock leads the eye to the red boats. Having the middle of the image split neatly in 2 by the distant tree line detracts from visual tension in the image. That can be corrected by cropping the image to eliminate a large portion of the frame above the boats. The distant mountains and sky aren't really adding much to the main subject, the dock and the boats. Making images uses the same rules of composition that are used in graphic design.

Edit: I just noticed that you don't want your images edited, so I removed my edit to show what I mean.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom