Need some tips on my New Nikon D5200

mac4rfree

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys,

I am a novice to photography itself. This Nikon D5200 is my first camera. (yeah my very first camera).

So, i am learning stuffs. Please bear with me.

1. We can take continuous shot as i wanted to capture a particular moment. I choosed the Continuous shot. At places, where there is not enough light, i am not able to capture the continuous shot. Whereas at place which is well lit, i was able to take continous shot. Is this how it is suppose to happen?

Expect some more questions as i fiddle around the camera.

Cheers!!!

It could be that the shutter speed slipped to a slow setting—the camera needed a longer exposure of the sensor to light in order to capture the right amount of light overall—so the camera couldn’t fire off 5 times in one second. Are you familiar with the term (shutter speed) and the exposure triangle?

Did the camera let you take a single photograph? If so, was it sharp, or blurred from your hands’ movements?

^^ Very likely. There's also another possible cause/contributing factor. The camera has a small digital memory called the "Buffer" where it stores the image information as soon as it's captured, and before it's transferred to your camera's memory card. This buffer has a limit to the amount of information it can hold, and since dark images typically contain far more data than light ones, it's possible that you were filling the buffer. What happens then, is that the camera simply stops taking pictures until it transfers all of it's information from the buffer to the memory card. I have no idea on the D5200's buffer capacity, but typically consumer-level cameras have fairly limited buffers.

Your camera is working fine. Looking forward to seeing some of your pictures.

Hi Guys,

I am a novice to photography itself. This Nikon D5200 is my first camera. (yeah my very first camera).

So, i am learning stuffs. Please bear with me.

1. We can take continuous shot as i wanted to capture a particular moment. I choosed the Continuous shot. At places, where there is not enough light, i am not able to capture the continuous shot. Whereas at place which is well lit, i was able to take continous shot. Is this how it is suppose to happen?

Expect some more questions as i fiddle around the camera.

Cheers!!!
Just another possibility: It may be too dark for the autofocus feature, which I'm assuming you are using. Have you tried taking a single shot under those conditions? How long did it take for it to focus?

Reactions: Ido

Most reactions

New Topics

Back