Need someone to rate the usability of your site???

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There have been a lot of people posting about their websites lately, it seems.

So I thought I'd share something I stumbled upon (I don't remember how), and have actually used once, and it's kind of cool.

Get a Peek Into Your Site or App's Usability | Peek by UserTesting

You can go there, submit your site, and you'll get a video back of a live person navigating through your site and letting you know how they feel about it.

It was really helpful for me.

It was funny, because in the video I got in response to my site, I think a lot of what she said was meant as a negative, but what she didn't realize was what she was saying was EXACTLY what I was going for.

She said things like, "I feel like it's not going to appeal to everyone... It's only going to make certain people want to call you for a photo shoot, I think", and "It makes me feel like you're not the kind of person I would call for a wedding or a family session." GOOD. That means I'm doing it right. :biglaugh:

So while the people rating aren't necessarily photographers, chances are, your clients won't be either, so I found it super helpful.

Check it out :sillysmi:

Maybe this thread wont go down the sheeter :mrgreen:

Actually it was Coffee's thread that made me think of this. :lol:

In general though, I just think it's cool.

I'll probably be submitting my site again soon to see what someone else has to say about it. ...See if the response is consistent. :lol:

I should send peek to some adult sites as joke since someone has to look at it.\\

Or some other sick web site.

We will see i just sent them to a adult site waiting on email !

Your favorite one I imagine. They don't verify you as the owner? It would be insightful to see what they say about a competitor's site too.

They don't, BECAUSE of just that. I think they even mention that somewhere on their site.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Still no reply from them. Isent them to 1# adult site in world set my name to billy bob thornton. LMAO

:greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl: hehe

Thumbs down, bro.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

We will see i just sent them to a adult site waiting on email !
This reminds me of when the Maryland TDD Relay was picking up (late 80s, I guess - before texting and widespread email). For those not familiar with the service, if a deaf person wanted to call someone without a TDD, the Relay would transcribe the conversation (think closed captioning).

There had a few complaints from some in the deaf community that they couldn't get to the old 976 adult phone lines. So, how fast can you type "oh, baby! oh, baby!"?

Most reactions

Back