Need Suggestion for corporate Event?

cusvenus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Gurus,

I am beginner in photography and have some mid-level (I guess) photo gear to cover event photography. (To make it clear I don't do it as business).

However I am planning to take event photography of one of my friends company (Corporate Event) although he has hired a professional photographer, I want to help my friend with my skills. While I am having some photo gear, I am wondering if I can rent some extra to at least match minimum to the professional photographer (obviously with all your help).

My Gear:

1. Nikon D7000
2. Nikon SB-900
3. Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6
4. Nikon 35mm f1.8
5. Nikon 85mm f1.8
6. Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6

Please forgive me if I have posted in wrong section of the forum. Also please help me with any discount codes if you suggest me to borrow the lenses.

Correct me if I am wrong - I am thinking i need some wide range lens like 10-24 f3.5 (To cover the landscape and building photos).

If they have hired a professional: 1. Do not get in his/her way 2. The professioanl photographer may have a clause in their contract that they will be the only photographer. Please check first or you will cause trouble. 3. Stay out of the professional's shots! I hate having to photoshop out annoying people.

backup body perhaps.

Last edited:
I agree Cericola but it is my friend and I am not doing it for money or something. I just want to help my friend.

If they have hired a professional: 1. Do not get in his/her way 2. The professioanl photographer may have a clause in their contract that they will be the only photographer. Please check first or you will cause trouble. 3. Stay out of the professional's shots! I hate having to photoshop out annoying people.

^ this

I checked with the professional photographer there is no contract clause. He said anyone related to the party is welcome to take their own photography.

I checked with the professional photographer there is no contract clause. He said anyone related to the party is welcome to take their own photography.

Awesome, thanks for checking. Is the event inside or outside?

I guess it is mix and match inside and outside. Not sure need to check with my friend.

Why do you have two 18-105 lenses? Yeah, a second body is awesome (if you're getting paid). What you have should be adequate. Take it as a learning experience.
Ideally, just bring the D7000 and 35/1.8 and enjoy the event and feel the shots rather than forcing them.

I agree Cericola but it is my friend and I am not doing it for money or something. I just want to help my friend.

As a pro who has shot plenty of events, corporate and otherwise, this whole proposition concerns me. Has your friend asked for your help? If your friend has hired a professional to cover this event, why does he need your help? The whole point of hiring a professional is so you don't have to rely on friends to take pictures for you.

I mean you absolutely no offense, but from what I read, there's a lot of potential for a sticky situation here.

I understand..........the advise that i was asking is how I can take good pictures. My intension of taking pictures is not to show off or anything. I am just going to cover the people who are close to my friend (which obviously I know better then the pro) and after all I am going there to enjoy the party as well :)

Most reactions

Back