Need suggestions ASAP. Shooting from 124th floor

timethief

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.x5.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In a few hours I am going to go to Burj Dubai/Khalifa Observation Decck 124th floor. Tallest bldg in the world.

Visit the Burj Khalifa Observation Deck | 'At The Top'

apparently this is what its like inside:
http://economicpakistan.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/burj-khalifa-view-from-top.jpg

I need suggestions. I dont want to have to go back up there again. I have Hight issue.
Will be going just after sunset.
I will be shooting with:
Nikon D90
sigma 10-20mm f3.5
Nikkor 24-70 f2.8
tripod

It will probably be thick glass. Sky is clear today. but it will be dark. so will probably be with the city lights.

Any suggestion and comments apppreciated.

Thanks Ahead.

In a few hours I am going to go to Burj Dubai/Khalifa Observation Decck 124th floor. Tallest bldg in the world.

Visit the Burj Khalifa Observation Deck | 'At The Top'

apparently this is what its like inside:
http://economicpakistan.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/burj-khalifa-view-from-top.jpg

I need suggestions. I dont want to have to go back up there again. I have Hight issue.
Will be going just after sunset.
I will be shooting with:
Nikon D90
sigma 10-20mm f3.5
Nikkor 24-70 f2.8
tripod

It will probably be thick glass. Sky is clear today. but it will be dark. so will probably be with the city lights.

Any suggestion and comments apppreciated.

Thanks Ahead.

you should be good with that equipement.
bring a wipe or something to wash the glass :lmao:

burj-khalifa-view-from-top.jpg

If that glass is like other buildings I have been to, there is space between the supports and glass itself. That is a structural design to help keep the wind from breaking the glass.

I have passed my lens between these portions to help aleviate the glare/dirty glass ruining the image. Or, position yourself so the glare/dirty/smudges do not affect the image.

You'll probably want something to shield the lens from reflections on the glass. A rubber lens hood, or even a black towel. Have fun! Sounds exciting!

If that glass is like other buildings I have been to, there is space between the supports and glass itself. That is a structural design to help keep the wind from breaking the glass.

I have passed my lens between these portions to help aleviate the glare/dirty glass ruining the image. Or, position yourself so the glare/dirty/smudges do not affect the image.

Thanks i will keep that in mind. I just hope that lighting inside will not create alot of reflections.

You'll probably want something to shield the lens from reflections on the glass. A rubber lens hood, or even a black towel. Have fun! Sounds exciting!

Thanks. I will shoot with the lens hood. and will have a towel with me.

How would the curve of the glass affect the pictures? I mean it will probably be quite thick and reinforced. Any idea?

The towel is a good idea. I have to remember to put a small towel in my bag.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back