Need Tips/Help on shooting this weekend.

651stp

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey TPF! i am in need of everyone and anyones help. I will be taking pictures of 6 girls this weekend at a restaurant and only have about 15 mins to get the best pictures i can. They are on a tight schedule and i am just taking their pictures before their reservation. The picture will take place in front of a fireplace. I think this is what the fireplace looks like but i'll have to go check it out. $Pave_Fiteplace_1.jpg

My equipment will be as follows:
Canon T2i
3 speed lights
2 umbrellas
3 light stands
17-50mm Tamron f2.8
Light meter

i have 3 speedlights available but would like to use the least amount possible to make it happen. Its probably going to be pretty busy there so i dont wanna lug it all in the lobby. I will be taking this at 4:45PM central time so the sun will be setting so it could be pretty dark in there with only low ambient lighting. Any help would be appreciated! thanks.

Watch out for reflections on the glass of the fire place. Depending on the time of day you might get a pretty harsh light thru the front door there so compensate for that.

Watch out for reflections on the glass of the fire place. Depending on the time of day you might get a pretty harsh light thru the front door there so compensate for that.

I didn't even think of that,thanks for the input. Now I'll remember to bring my reflector I'm case I need to use it for fill or blocking out that sun. Feel free to give more tips tpf :)

I would put a warm light in the fireplace and shine it outward to create the impression of light from a fire.

skieur

That's a great idea,if there really isn't a fire going ;p I will have to go look at it today to see it for myself.

Most reactions

Back