Need Vintage styled digital camera recommendations

Thank you, I would probably go for the X20 but is there any way I can find the same sort of camera but with different coloured leather.

Oh and what would be a better camera for me when comparing the XF1 to the X20, both seem to have good reviews.

There are a few places to source leather and you can make a DIY project out of it.

Cameraleather.com supported cameras

This is a single guy operation... I used him in the past and got good service. Warning though.... lately I've heard of reports of him falling behind and even not being responsive. I've been hesitating since. There are several other vendors that do the same but I don't have their contact information on me at the moment (i'm at work).

Also... and probably a better option is to leave the leather on the camera alone and get a case of your choice. There are several reputable dealers that sell wares on ebay. Gariz out of Korea does good products (I have a couple) via sellers based out of Hong Kong.

Gariz New Fujifilm FinePix Fuji x10 x20 Camera Leather Half Case Brown | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
XF1 and X10 share the same sensor. The X10 has a better optic, better handling, and better features. The XF1 is geared as a high end pocketable P&S. The X10 is small but not exactly pocketable... the XF1 is definitely pocketable.

The X20 is newer than both and replaces the X10 in the fuji line. As with technology, generally newer == better.

So for just everyday photos will I still get nice quality with the xf1, like I am just wanting to stay as a rookie/amateur photographer, so is it worth it paying more for a x10 or x20 or should I just stick with the xf1. I am leaning toward the xf1 because of the pocketable size.

btw...

Digital Photography Review

has specs and reviews of various cameras.

Thank you this, I have been reading a few reviews, but to be quite honest I have no idea what half the stuff some people are talking about, so I was just trying to get a professionals view in simple English on this forum. So thank you for helping.

So for just everyday photos will I still get nice quality with the xf1, like I am just wanting to stay as a rookie/amateur photographer, so is it worth it paying more for a x10 or x20 or should I just stick with the xf1. I am leaning toward the xf1 because of the pocketable size.

Assuming these two cameras are the only ones being considered.

XF1 if being pocketable size is the priority.

X10/20 all else being considered. Main driving reason is the faster and better optics.

Oversimplifying things.

Most reactions

Back