need your opinions...I am entering some photos in the NM State Fair Exhibit..

Jeepnut28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
these are what I have chosen:

normal_IMG_2205_autolevel.jpg

normal_Picture019_autolevel.jpg

normal_window.jpg

normal_pics293.jpg

normal_pics298.jpg

normal_pics297.jpg

i'm agree...#2 is awesome, i like the first too.
I dont like the other ones

thanks for the input

i had these mounted today....all on 11 x 14 mount board....

#1 got a pink and white mat....reason is her dress was pink and the bride loves pink...i figure i will give this to them after the show print size is 5 x 10........

#2 got a black mat around it....print sixe is 8x 10

#3 got a mat close to the wood color and i really satured the colors for print.....i think it will look okay, i am not expecting big things out of it .....print size is 8 x 10

the steel beams, I decided just to enter the just the first one....what i did was had it printed as 5 x 7 and just had it mounted on black mounting board....centered..........it really looked good against the black and the smaller print centered makes for a cool looking mount......

entries are due 8/14/06......

i am entering in the amateur adult category.........i figure there may be some really good stuff I am up against, but I gotta at least try....ya know?

What is cool to all of us, may not be cool to an older judge.
I hope you don't get some old stuffy judge.
Awesome images!! Good luck.
I am entering a fair in Ohio next month. I hope the same about an old stuffy judge.

2nd pic looks cool, the third i think is too ordinary, and the rest is like what is that, but good luck.

If it's a state fair, #3 will fly far better than any of the others. Just simply because it looks "country" and that's what most fairs are about. Just my opinion, I'm a 4H leader and our club does alot of photography for the fair......and the "country" themed pictures always do best.

What is cool to all of us, may not be cool to an older judge.
good point, you got to see the tipe of contest, what are they searching for, if they like modern or classic subjects, if the end of everything is to generate images for publicity or things like that, etc.

so the resuts!

let me set the benchmark first. Best of Show won with a score of 83.

I scored:

#1 76

#2 77

#3 78.....this one made it to the top ten of the misc category. I guess whoever said the judges would be looking for country was right

#4 77

Most reactions

Back