Needing to upgrade from Photoshop CS3

photop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, after using this for so many years my computer updates are forcing me to upgrade. I've been very satisfied with this program. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would be the easiest transition to make so I don't have too much of a learning curve? I use the program mostly for editing skin for portraits. I don't create logos or graphics. Thank you!

There's only one choice if you want to stay with PS, the monthly subscription plan.

Last edited:
Depending on your needs you could look at photoshop elements

Going to the newer PS adds tons of new features, but you dont have to use them. Probably your easiest learning curve as opposed to going to new application all together. Your old tools may move around and have some extra options but you can google where they are now and find them fast enough and can probably stick with defaults and be fine. Then you can look around and learn new tools as needed.

It depends on how in depth you get with your skin retouching.

I tend to only remove small imperfections and do very minor skin smoothing. I do ALL of this in Adobe Lightroom and find it far more intuitive and efficient than using photoshop.

In fact, I can’t remember the last time I opened photoshop at all. I do 99.99% of my editing in Lightroom.

Hi all PSE 9 Adobe raw and canons own raw converter , LR3 something Canon 60d with cr2 raw files user
I posted before about PSE and just to see I down loaded that affinity photo here in UK it will cost 50 GBP aprox
sat playing with it last night.
Compared to my PSE 9 the Affinity photo limited what I wanted to do. I found it slower to load raw files and the editing options were more limited.
Whilst not proper testing for me at least it’s not going to replace my PSE
Just looked PSE 19 will cost about 78 to 90GBP on amazon .so yes it’s a lot more expensive
there is a trial period on the affinity photo.
At the end of the day it’s what suits you and your needs the best

Most reactions

New Topics

Back