Needs direction towards a on location Printer !

BGP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a job coming up in a month that requires on location printing. Fairly quick turnaround and I must have a professional quality print. All this and I don't want to spend thousands on the printer. I have put off getting a printer because it has been to easy to let someone else print my work and maintain the equipment and man the printer. My options with this job is to hire another photographer who has the equipment to print for me or buy the stuff myself and keep it on hand. Any direction would help. Good brand and specific printer models I can look into would be helpful. Thanks for any help.

Yes I will have a table and electric and it is inside. I am looking for an "inexpensive," relative of course, printer that is easy to work and produces a pro quality print. I plan on shooting 75-125 pictures and printing 4x5/4x6 or 5x7 prints over the course of 3 or 4 hours. Kind of like they do on cruises but at a party.

IF I'm not mistaken the Epson R-2xx is fast enough for that and has an LCD for viewing prior to printing.

I don't know the quantity of the materials you would need. Ink that is. It would depend on how light the background is and other minutia.

I had an R-3xx that made great prints (wore it out ;) using Epson inks of course. I'm told they are much the same.

YOu don't need AC. There are inverters available quite cheaply from various sources that will allow you to power the printer from a car battery or cigarette lighter socket. Additionally, if you look inside a printer the AC input is normally dropped to 9v DC so a simple 9v DC supply is all you need - that and some soldering skills.

Most reactions

Back