NEIGHBORS

Surfsquish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I work in Real Estate and I find myself taking a lot of pictures for clients. Now, I'm addicted to photography by luck...lol

I upgraded my camera to a Canon T2i for the FUN.

Anyway, this is the picture of the day..lol

Neighbors...

5041929561_9ee5e6be3d_b.jpg

Good shot. I like the repitition in this image with just enough 'other' detail (satellite antennae, barbecues, etc) to make it interesting. :thumbup:

Composition could use some tightening up.

To much grass in the foreground. You could have raised your camera up and used the horizontal patio line near the bottom edge of the frame, and then you probably would have had the roof lines at the corners of the image, well, if you had your vanishing point dead center.

To much grass in the foreground. You could have raised your camera up and used the horizontal patio line near the bottom edge of the frame, and then you probably would have had the roof lines at the corners of the image, well, if you had your vanishing point dead center.

i'm looking at the picture. If I raised the camera, I would have had too much sky....lol no?

Composition means stuff in the picture?

Nice photo I don't know if it's me but it may be a little off centre. Not too big of a deal I really like the repetition as well. Good shot.
Yes if you did raise the camera the sky would take up too much photo IMO.

Not sure why, but there's something about this photo that I like. It's not perfect, but I sort of like the clean sharp lines and the repetition.

I sort of wish the houses were super colorful and there would be a car in front of each one, the same color as the house, like some surreal perfect neighborhood :)

i'm looking at the picture. If I raised the camera, I would have had too much sky....lol no?

Composition means stuff in the picture?

Composition is how lines, shapes, tones, and/or subjects are arranged in an image.
To me, symmetrical shots, should be symmetrical. Otherwise they look like sloppy snapshots. If you go for assymetry, then GO FOR ASSYMETRY, if you go for symmetry, nail it.

Too much sky? Like too much grass is more interesting?

This image is about the lines, and repitition taking you deep into the picture. There are interesting little details like the variances of the roof lines on each side, and the BBQ grills, that challange the symmetry. There's more you could try with this subject too. Get the camera on the ground, or get a ladder and get up higher. Wait for later in the day and see if that shadow comes out farther into the grass, it creates another line. Wait for a more interesting sky...

This is another picture I took the same day while previewing another house..:)

5045914562_2c6a13d567_b.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back