Nervous (butterflies in the stomach)

kilifila66

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I just got a call from one of my buddies while he was on campus and he let me know that there is a photo competition being put on by the photography department. Pick your own topic, pick one photo, turn in an 8x10, winner gets 80 bucks (big deal) and their photo posted in the union (thats what im in it for!) Just nervous and excited about competing against other photographers because I know what kind of talent and creativity I could be up against (it will probably be me and a bunch of JonMikals, Amandas, and Scott Conrads.) Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to post-processing, (should I, should I not?) What type of photo would you recommend entering (landscape, portrait, architechture?) And should I go for detail or composition, or both? Worst part is the entry has to be in REALLY soon. I'm gonna go fire a couple rolls off tomorrow. Wish me luck! I'll post the results good or bad.

I would suggest having a photo with some kind of action and people in it.
It has to be very artistic, and if it's in color make sure it's colorful. (if that makes any sense)
the best thing is to have both composition and detail.... and make sure it doesn't look too set-up.

If you can get that in a photo it's a great formula to win. :thumbup::)

good luck!!! break a leg.

heck, butterflies are better than seagulls ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back