What's new

Neulietzegöricke (with photos added on "This Old House")

  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #16
Yes... just about ... yes. ;) And thanks for liking this photo.
I have ever so many more of the place, it was a TREASURE!

Actually, this man here was out and about in that same place, too. :D

Oops, I think the link takes you to the wrong place ... the person I am talking about is about 4 posts higher up than where the link takes you.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #17
This is one other little series of pics I took while we visited this little village, and unfortunately my post processing steps of conversion and toning not all followed the very same path (which bugs me now, but well):

This Old House:

1.
thisoldhouse01bwtintedframed.jpg


2.
thisoldhouse02bwtintedframed.jpg


3.
thisoldhouse03bwtintedframed.jpg


4.
thisoldhouse04bwtintedframed.jpg
 
Number 2 and 3 of the second series do i t for me, the texture is great.
 
I like the first one a lot. I think the car makes it. Yeah, it's a Trabant. :) It was once a national pride of East Germany, but also in a way that's what the country was perceived in the West? Don't know so much about the history..
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #20
Yes, I believe that this brand of car in some manner did form our, the West Germans', perception of East German economy and how things developed "over there".
What I never understood is why when you applied for a new car, you had to wait for a car of this kind for 15 years or so before you'd get it :shock: !!! So, of course, once they had a car of their own, everyone was very proud and overly happy!
And they run on two-stroke engines ... their sound is quite unique, too, for a CAR! But they have become rare in the past 16 years...
 
i think, the very first one would also make an exellent trabbi-shot in portrait, just using the left part of the image :)
 
oh, and i like the last shot very much ... nice light and shadows in the details there
 
These are some really cool shots Corinna. I love the buildings there. If they could only talk, I can imagine the history behind them. Very well captured.:D
 
What a beautiful little village, so many gems in these photographs! You're making me very excited about my short trip to Germany later this year now!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom