What's new

Never Say Goodbye

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It was my second visit to this collapsing house. This time one of the side walls looked like it was about to fall over, so the lack of support resulted in the whole structure being out of whack.

It was obviously dangerous to go in, but – since the house might not be there anymore the next time we visit – I decided to enter anyway. I don't know what the heck I was thinking – I definitely should've stayed away.

p67648060-4.jpg


p258961761-4.jpg


I don't think the building will make it in one piece past this winter.

So long, Piney residence... and thanks for all the fish.
 
and thanks for all the fish.


Somehow I'm not surprised to find you carry the Hitchhiker's Guide everywhere you go.

I like them both. I'd like to see a shot from the right side of the first into the opening. The second perhaps should be a vertical tightly cropped around the door frame. To me it seems to be about a door within a door, so the dark wall doesn't really add anything.
 
and thanks for all the fish.


Somehow I'm not surprised to find you carry the Hitchhiker's Guide everywhere you go.
And a towel!

I like them both. I'd like to see a shot from the right side of the first into the opening.
I actually have a shot like that but haven't processed it yet.

The second perhaps should be a vertical tightly cropped around the door frame. To me it seems to be about a door within a door, so the dark wall doesn't really add anything.
I didn't even try shooting this scene vertical – this is the way I saw this scene, but can see how it would've worked vertical.

Thanks for the feedback, Ken!
 
It's pretty weird how a crumbling building can be that attractive to the eye! Really good job, love the composition and contrast :thumbup: Specially like the second one, smart composition!
 
It's pretty weird how a crumbling building can be that attractive to the eye! Really good job, love the composition and contrast :thumbup: Specially like the second one, smart composition!
Thank you, Marc! I love old, abandoned rural buildings and am happy that others can appreciate their beauty through my photographs.
 
LOVE these!!!
These are stunning images! More please!
Haha, thanks Chad! Visit my Facebook page for more photos like this (or just check the threads I started here on TPF – most of my photos are of abandonments).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom