New (again) to photography and looking for a camera...

If you have big hands, you definitely want a D70 or D70s. The D70s has a lot of improvements and I would recommend it over the D70, but if you want to put that money into a lens that's just as good.

I am a small guy. I'm 5'5" and have extremely small hands. The D40 fits in my hands well, even a little small. It is a very small camera, probably one of the smallest DSLRs (with the exception of that one Olympus) on the market. The D70 is great, and I'm going to get one myself. If you won't miss the screen and the slightly faster buffer time, definitely go for the D70.

I don't think a beginner amateur is going to go straight for the Hasselblad.

I never said so! ;) I only used MF as an illustration how much you can pay if you do not mention your limits.

But anyway, there are people with money who do go for a digital back and a MF camera and have no clue about photography, but those people are rare. they just do not know what to buy with their money after their 3rd Austin Martin ...

I havn't used many dSLRs. I've held a D80 and own a D90.

Anyways. I hear changing the settings on D60s are harder compared to D80s. With D80, you can easily push a button or two to change settings, where the D60, you gotta go through a bunch of procedures o.o

So I finally ad some time to myself and went to the local photo shop. The D90 is definitely the kind of camera that I'm looking for. Now to find a good price on one.

Is it better to get the "kit" or make it more custom. I don't have a lot of $ to work with, so my collection of lenses will be finite for now.

Thanks, Rodd

I bought the D90 with a kit. I like how I can zoom without moving my feet, but I wish I bought the body only and bought a 50mm f/1.8(which saves me around $200).

Most people here has the 50mm anyways because it's great. Although I've only tried it once, but I've seen many photos with it.

After I played with the D90 that had the "kit lens" (I think it was a 18-55 lens or 18-105; I can't remember) we switched it to a Tamron 18-270 lens. Wow, was that nice.

The "kit" was retailing for about $1,200 or I could buy the body for $1k and the Tamron for ~$600. I see online that I could get the Tamron with D90 for much less. Would that be a better idea? That Tamron lens was awesome (http://www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/18270_vc.asp).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back