New Baby !!!

drlynn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I bought a camera on eBay last week, and it arrived today !! Canon AV-1 with Canon 50mm f1.8 and Sigma 80-200mm f3.5-4. I paid a total of less than $100, shipping included.

I ran a roll of film through it at work and had it "one-houred" (oh the advantages of working at Wal-Mart :D ) and everything works great!

Yes, I'm one of those freaks who really enjoys playing around with older manual gear. The thing I really like is the price of high quality lenses for these older cameras. A similar zoom lens for my new Canon EOS would have been several times the price I paid for this whole setup.

drlynn said:
Yes, I'm one of those freaks who really enjoys playing around with older manual gear. The thing I really like is the price of high quality lenses for these older cameras. A similar zoom lens for my new Canon EOS would have been several times the price I paid for this whole setup.

I love the old cameras; manual and mechanical, no dead batteries to get in my way. I've shot more than 90% of my photography this year with four cameras that are at least 10 years older than me:

Anniversary Graphic (1947 for the body, the lenses are newer, probably the 60's)
Zeiss Ikonta C (1947)
Ansco Titan (1950's, I think)
Rolleiflex 3.5E (1957)

These cameras were all under $175, and they all take fantastic photos.

Nice collection! :D
Wish I could afford to collect, but I think I'm gonna try and acquire some good quality glass for this AV-1 instead of more cameras.

Most reactions

Back