New Beginner

kachung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I'm new here and new at photography... I took this pic in Edinburgh and wanted to know what you all thought/comments about editing/how to make it better... Comments and constructive criticism welcome, but please be nice!

FallBreak205.jpg

I'm pretty new as well, but my brother is a pretty into photography, and going throgh it with him has given me at least some basic ideas. The first thing with this picture, and any picture of the sort, is to make sure that the horizon is level and parallel with the top of the frame. This is a genral rule unless you are purposely trying to do otherwise. You could fix this picture by cropping the top and bottom on an angle and make them parallel with the horizon. I'm not really experienced enough to see any other problems or make any comments though.

a fill flash would be nice...so we can se their faces

The subjects have their back's to the camera. There is no faces. it's a silhouette shot.

I would have told the couple to move out of the way. Grab my tripod and got low enough to compose a photo with the reflected sunset on that water and sky.

But then again I don't do portraits, just landscape stuff! ;)

I'm pretty new as well, but my brother is a pretty into photography, and going throgh it with him has given me at least some basic ideas. The first thing with this picture, and any picture of the sort, is to make sure that the horizon is level and parallel with the top of the frame. This is a genral rule unless you are purposely trying to do otherwise. You could fix this picture by cropping the top and bottom on an angle and make them parallel with the horizon. I'm not really experienced enough to see any other problems or make any comments though.

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to try to re-edit it so that it's level like you said. Still learning how to edit in Lightroom and functions on the camera as well :)

a fill flash would be nice...so we can se their faces

Initially I was trying to just take a snap shot - but they were coming out too dark so I just ended up trying to turn it into a silhouette, and edited it to make them darker in Lightroom. :wink:

Most reactions

Back