Allyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.allynfetherolf.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi again everyone,

Just finished some new prints and wanted to offer them up for comments.

Gallery1_full_001.jpg

Gallery1_full_003.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I like the second :D
According to me,the first one should be in color :) It will be more fantastic if....there are some colors :p

Well, with two people in agreement, perhaps I should explain some of the mentality behind the black and white. In the first image, the rocks (pure basalt) are completely black. Additionally, the low contrast sunset and the white sea spray and ocean caps produced an environment that very nicely suited the black and white print.

No worries if we don't agree, everyone should absolutely have their own opinion, just thought I'd explain why the image was produced the way it is.

I also prefer the 2nd. The sky in the 1st would perhaps benefit from some PS alts to give it some depth...............?

1st photo is okay. Maybe adding some more contrast on the clouds could make it more dramatic.
2nd too flat in a black and white tonal range. More contrast?

Number one needs a crop from the bottom and some more drama in the sky.
I really like the second one, that is a very nice photo, maybe a bit more contrast but nice as is.

Thanks a ton for the comments and suggestions everyone, it's always great to have so many different viewpoints.

I primarily shoot B&W film, and always love it when someone says "you should have shot it in color". :lol:

Oh well, gotta have a sense of humor if you want to post here. I'm assuming you're shooting digital. I do like them both as they are, but with the overcast look to them, I would take a red hoya filter so the clouds have a little more contrast in number 1. Looks great the way it is, but just a personal taste thing.

I might have done the same with number 2 also, because I love that contrast, but had I took those shot's, using my suggestions, I'm sure I would have been told that they were too dark. It's inevitable, but that's kind of my style. But I personally would like to see a little more contrast in number 2.

Oh well, to each his own. My own personal C&C is they look pretty darned nice..

J.:mrgreen:

I like them both, but also agree that #2 needs more contrast... only thing i may have done with #1 is crop just a tad more off the right side of the frame...

Thanks again to everyone.

jbylake, I completely agree that it's pretty darn humorous when the first thing someone says about a black and white shot is "wow, that would have looked great in color!". You're absolutely right though, gotta have a sense of humor with life. Thanks for the suggestions as well.

I'm tweaking the shots slightly as I type this, the images up top should update shortly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back