SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2C927F8C-E868-4587-B72F-D8F8142D9008.jpeg
Loving my new shutter button, it makes pressing the shutter more fluid because my finger is now in a slight arc pressing down.

The jury is still out on the thumb grip. It was pricey and not sure if I like it worth the cost. Will see after I get some muscle memory going with it.

I thought about getting the shutter button. Where and how much?

I ordered through Amazon from Lensmate (both items). The shutter button was $20 and the grip was $60. There were cheaper models of the grip, and cheaper shutter buttons for that matter, but only the Lensmate grip had decent reviews. I liked that it has a rubber "bumper" so it won't press directly against the camera and cause wear and I didn't want to mess with the shoe after reading the reviews of how the other models need to be screwed in and are a very tight or very loose fit.

There were some cute shutter button designs.

Little touches can be nice. I used to use anodized,colored aluminum "tall shutter release button" devices back in the day....the Nikon F really benefitted from them, as did the F2. Palm grips,hand grips, and focusing handles for rangefinder lenses or other manual focus lenses...all kinda' neat stuff that can make the mechanical aspects of shooting pictures easier, or faster, or better.

I also have a nice red shutter button, as it makes it so easier to use.

Love the shutter button. Returning the thumb grip. It is getting in my way and doesn't feel right for my hand.

It may get lost real quick. I stopped buying them because they just disappear. Their cool and useful but I raised the white flag a year ago on them. I haven't a clue why I lose them so easily.

I had one, it unscrewed itself in the field and I lost it lol

It may get lost real quick. I stopped buying them because they just disappear. Their cool and useful but I raised the white flag a year ago on them. I haven't a clue why I lose them so easily.

I had one, it unscrewed itself in the field and I lost it lol

I had read that they come unscrewed easily. I've been making a point to check it a couple of times each shoot and haven't run into any looseness yet. The issue I'm having is that with the way the camera hangs off of the strap at my hip, the more prominent shutter button seems to be hitting something and taking photos of the ground as I'm walking. I have to remember to shut the camera off when I'm done. This new habit has had a bonus of saving me battery life.

Hope this helps, even before the camera is to my eye it is switched on, and before it`s back at my side it`s switched off and on one battery can clear well over 1600. Every so often I will check the red button but all is fine.

I had one on my x-t3 for a while but I personally didn’t like it. Plus, I use a mechanical shutter release cable so swapping the button out got old really fast.

I do enjoy the look of them though.

The thumb grip never interested me. Just seems like a good way to damage my hot shoe, honestly.

I prefer to keep a bubble level cover in the hot shoe for landscape and I only take it off to put a flash trigger on.

I purchased the green lizard. Hoping I don't lose it :)

Ah, I like the thumb grip thing ... that was the way I used hand hold my Canon NF-1, as the winder lever would leave enough room for my thumb and thus made my grip more secure as it "locked" my thumb against the body ... helpful when holding the camera vertically.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back