new boots and my first photoshoot

lisa_13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
not the best model, or lighting, but i worked with what i had...
C&C are appreciated

2544556629_e607278dd9.jpg

2544552645_7c2fafaf82.jpg

2544547507_74773fac5a.jpg

Not bad. I like the harsh image you got going but I would like to see more fill light with maybe a flash or reflector.

1. You've cut off her right foot and the leg looks massive. I'm guessing that you've used a wide lens. Remember that it's going to distort objects that are close to it and create something that's not very flattering.
I like the pose though. If you could use a longer lens and back off to include all of her that could be a good photo.

2. Again you've cut her foot off. It's good that you're trying to fill the frame with your model but make sure that nothing is missing.

3. Same as 1 and 2.

Coming from the Queen of "working with what you have" here are my 2 cents:

They look like what they are, so that could be a good thing or a bad thing. But they look like an immature "photographer" playing around in her bedroom trying to take a "unique" photo for her myspace page. Just judging by the photos you have somethings you could work with here to make them not look like you are sitting in your bedroom hoping your parents/roommates dont walk in. Be creative and think outside the box.

I dont think the poses are very flattering and in #2 it looks like you are flicking off the camera. Is that intentional?

Lastly the lighting is very harsh and you lose a lot of the facial features because of it. I dont know what you are using, perhaps just some sort of desk lamp but there are cheap, cheap cheap and creative ways to light. Want some tips on this, PM me.

Lastly, when you have NOTHING at all to use for lighting, props, etc, you force yourself to get creative and sometimes the results are beautiful.

too much material going on, I can't tell where she stops and the bedding begins.. I'm very much siding with MyaLover's comments.

well personally i actually disagree with most of the above. I don't think the intention was to display the model in her best light, or for a family album, so cut off feet, hard shadows etc are mostly irrelivent. The intention was seemingly to create a mood and i think 1&3 do this... i like the expressions, i think the position in 3 is better, the only slight bother is the amount of dark arm/chest area which makes the composition a little awkward.

Overall, i like the artistic sentiment but a little more practice will eventually lead to better results. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back