New Camera - Canon 7D?

chloemarene

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For the past couple years I've shot with a Nikon Coolpix P520. I'm looking at upgrading - switching to Canon though. I've been looking around - and thought I'd get a Rebel - probably the T6i or T6s, but now I'm seeing the Canon 7D. It looks like a great camera - but I see that it came out in 2009 and that makes me feel like I'd be getting something already outdated. Any thoughts? Any other cameras you'd suggest? I appreciate all the help I can get! :)

Camera would depend upon what you are shooting most of the time. If sports, or birds then the 7D, and 7DII are your ticket. If you need a full frame with excellent low light abilities then the 6D is the best on the market. I have used the 7D for sprts and wildlife and was very satisfied, but when the mkII came out it has better low light sensor, and a slightly faster AF so went with it. The 6D is the workhorse, lightweight, extremely good in low light and best pricing of all cameras in its class.

Thanks! I shoot mostly portraits and (WA) landscape - haha - I guess that covers everything pretty much, but wildlife - not so much. Would you recommend this camera to a portrait photographer?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back