New camera...new pics....

df3photo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.df3photo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had recently purchaced a Konica Minolta DiMage x1. Not to be used as a pro camera just something to shoot around with... that I can stuff in my pocket. After shooting alittle with it, I think I like it... I need to play with it more. So far what i shot was with out changing settings... The one thing I dont like is that the battery died befor my card was filled... due to the compact size of the camera the battery is a NP-1 Lithium that is rectangle and flat, and not as easy to come by as say AAA's...
ok anyway here are some untuched snaps with this camera... let me know what you think.

Woodtub_e.jpg

Valve_e.jpg

jay_e.jpg

jcharcalla

fern_e.jpg

kinzue_river_e.jpg

One other thing I dont like is that the highlights appear to be blown out... Ive read that in other reviews but I will keep playing with it and see what i can figure out...
Thanks for looking! Let me know what you think (camera and about the pics themselfs...)
If I put this into the wrong section....sorry....

I like the 1st one... Oh and the 3rd one even though it makes me look fat. You know what they say about camera's adding 55 pounds.

#1 & #2 stand out for me; the only thing I don't like is that thet're too "bull's eye". Love the composition & sharpness in #4.

As to batteries, I had the same problem with mine until I bought SONY rechargables. Those last for quite some time.

I like #1 also... I didnt feel it was as "bulls eye" I agree about it being centered side to side but i thought dropping the metal part lower it would be better... maybe i should have droped it lower...#2 yea bull's eye.... i didnt realy like that other than the rusty metal... #3 I guess the model could have been hotter.... and i didnt pose him or anything... the last one, i have cropped to more of a panoramic look and played with the contrast and stuff and it looks better...(it maybe a different one... same view though...)
Kinzue_pano_e.sized.jpg

You only started this thread a little over three hours ago - and you're already getting impatient with people not replying? I am seeing them now for the first time, and look what I am doing?

I give you a reply.

All of these could do with a little curves adjustment, I think.
I had the same problems with my compact digital Canon (a Powershot), until I found out how to deliberately underexpose my photos as to get better colours. You will find out how to do that with your DiMage, too, I am sure. Until then, curves adjustment in PS is your friend :D.

I like the first and the second as a motif, but agree that through a slight crop or so they could be pushed a little off centre.

And I like to meet jcharcalla. Hi "j"! :D

I will have to check my time set on here... I did post those pics last night at say....11pm or 12 am EST....
thanks for the comment!
I found some adjustments on the camera last night when playing with it now I just have to shoot something and mess around a bit.
thanks again!

Most reactions

Back