new camera , will test

Willc73

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just got my new digital back today. Phase One P45, 39mp. I will do some test shots and make a link for you to download and compare. The files will be huge. 16bit is little over 200mb, and stuffed should be 40 or so. I will be doing the shots on a sinar P2.

Bill

Holy shizzle... a MF digital back, you must be rich! Care sending me one? Oh, and I would need a hassy H1 to go with that (jk) :p

Please show us some results.

What format does it shoot anyway? square 6x6? or 6x7 or 6x4.5, or something different? Does it have a crop factor like on many APS-sized DSLRs?

Well I shoot in studio and I use it on a P2 (4x5) large format. I beleive the sensor is full frame 645. Not rich, just been shooting with an older MF back for a while. 39 megapixels and the files from my original tests are fabulous. They have improved many of the issues the last single shot backs had like Moire. It will take me a week or two to post links to samples.

Bill, that's great. Youre work is most impressive, really love the Gin bottle. Makes me want to have a drink and its only 7:30 am! A 200MB file would probably make my computer explode :wink: I'll look forward to seeing the results.

Most reactions

Back