New Camera

I'm sorry everyone for any misunderstands in my message. I should be a little clearer. I heard the D80 was fine for weddings. I understand everyone puts in a lot of money for their equipment, and I am not trying to knock anyone out of their place. I just wanted advice and I thank all of you who are giving me advice. Thanks again for everyone's input! I will go w/ the D80. Would a 50-200mm 1.4 or 1.8 lens be good for weddings(ceremony/lowlight)? (keep in mind I'll have the standard lens for the well light portraits).

thank you fotoflow, you understand where I am coming from and the equipment you have is similar to what I plan to purchase. I didn't want to spend more than 1000 on the camera b/c I still have to purchase a lens. This is why I put 1000 as my budget. does the 17-55mm get the job done well? Where is a good place to purchase the lens? Thank you

Probably a little late for this reply - but yes the 17-55 really is a great lens. its sharp. and covers my range. I am in china, so I went to a photography market... dont know about you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back