New camera's

Don Fischer

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was gonna write somethingabout all the new camera's company's keep producing. You can't come close to wearing one out before there a whole bunch of new one's much less figure a new one out understanding why the new one's were needed in the first place. I shoot a D7000 and unless it breaks it will be my last probably. Shoot I haven't a clue how to work everything on it! If it was to break down, before I'd buy a new model I'g get a new D7000 and see if I could figure out something elst that works. Camera is a lot better at taking picture's than I am!

Last edited:
New cameras come out regularly because camera companies need to make money, and they can't do that if they don't update the lineup frequently to remain competitive in the marketplace and interesting to consumers. For many people the hobby of photography is as much about researching and acquiring new gear as it is about taking photos, and those people will always chase the newest models.

Luckily for folks just interested in taking nice photos with decent gear, all of this means that high quality professional used gear that's a few years old can be found on the used market for a small fraction of it's original MSRP.

There are two camps of photographers. One believes that great shots come from the skill acquired by the photographer behind the camera, and one believes great shots come from the camera in front of the photographer. My last upgrade was about 4 years ago, and I'm just now getting comfortable with all the features it came with.

A good camera can take good photos but it takes a good photographer to make a great photo. A great photographer can take a great photo with any camera.

The only good camera is the one you have with you when opportunity provides the inspiration...

Nothing wrong with your D7000. Only reason you should upgrade it is if you feel like you have outgrown it and, from what you have written it looks like you are still satisfied with it. New cameras are like new car models. The ads are designed to make you desire a new car even though there may be nothing wrong with your current one. I moved on from my D7000 because it had back focusing issues and a really tiny buffer. Now I use a Z5 and a Z50. I have absolutely no reason to upgrade but, the Z8 is calling me.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back