New Canon 70-200 is usm.

Hardrock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went to the camera store on friday to purchase the 70-200 is usm and he suggested that I wait 2 months for the new 70-200 is usm that will cost approx $500 more dollars. I probed for details but he gave none. Interesting to see what comes out!

I think the biggest difference may be the IS system. The technology has improved since the first version of the 70-200mm IS was designed.

The current model is already very good, any real improvements would make it a superb lens...but it's also really expensive. $500 more...wow.

I think the biggest difference may be the IS system. The technology has improved since the first version of the 70-200mm IS was designed.

The current model is already very good, any real improvements would make it a superb lens...but it's also really expensive. $500 more...wow.

As far as price thats kind of what I thought , but I figured Ive waited this long why not 2 more months to see and maybe the older version may drop in price some.

I agree I suspect the biggest improvement will be the IS - I think the current f2,8 IS is a 2 stop IS and the latest IS is around 4 stops (something like that I think). Sharpness I expect might also make a little jump, but I would not be expecting a massive difference from the current lens.

Weight might also be another interesting factor to see

So its the new IS that the 100mm f/2.8 L IS Macro lens Canon came out with recently?

If so, I'm stoked. Not for the new IS, but because I'm hoping that the existing lenses with IS will drop enough in price to warrant a better look.

Did some quick googling and it seems that Canon has put down 3 new patents for lenses
Canon 14-24mm f/2.8 L
Canon 60mm f/2.8 IS Macro
Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L IS II

You know if sigma start talking about releasing a 150mm with OS my entire setup will feel outdated! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back