New compact camera up to $250

dragonver

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Good evening folks, I was thinking of buying a new compact camera and upgrade my Olympus VG-120 which has let me down big time. I am willing to spend up to $250. I want the camera for everyday use but the quality of the pictures is a big issue. With the Olympus VG-120 I only got good results indoors with good lighting conditions. Outdoors especially when overcast the quality was pretty bad and the colors weren't vivid whatsoever. I need to point out that I don't mind if the camera doesn't have big zoom capability. I hope I am being understood! Thanks!

Look for a Canon S95. They can be had for around this price now that the S100 has been released.

Will the mirrorless camera works for you since it is going to be a little bigger? The Olympus PEN E-PL1 Digital Camera is heavily being discounted right now in USA (maybe also in your area). In general the new one cost about $250 with standard zoom lens.

This online store (authorized dealer) have some factory demo for less than $200 (1 year warranty from them) (Edit: looks like the kits are out of stock)
Search Results

or a body for less than $150

Most reactions

Back