What's new

New-cut street in Ellicott City

The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
18,743
Reaction score
8,049
Location
Mid-Atlantic US
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
New-cut street in Ellicott City

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D70
Focal Length: 18.0mm (35mm equivalent: 27mm)
Exposure Time: 0.0050 s (1/200)
Aperture: f/10.0
ISO equiv: 400
White Balance: Manual
Light Source: Incandescent
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)


20060114ellicotcity0011om0.jpg
 
I like the selective coloring here... it helps with the moving the eye down the road. Lots of great framing here too. I like it.
 
Somehow I so long to be able to look up just a tiny bit and see some more of the houses at the very end of the street ... I find composition very, very, very tight at the top. Too tight for my liking, actually.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #4
Somehow I so long to be able to look up just a tiny bit and see some more of the houses at the very end of the street ... I find composition very, very, very tight at the top. Too tight for my liking, actually.

Goodie!
I wanted this picture to have that almost claustrophobic feel.
I hoped that the 'bars' on the street, the bar-like echo of the door on the rght, the dark ominous wall on the left, the rapidly narrowing, curvy road all to have the same impact.
 
You may have achieved you intention....I want to look away from the white lines in the foreground and search for something at the top.

I'm partial to B&W so keeping the yellow line is somewhat distracting.

BTW how's the wife????
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom