New D90, C&C Please

bruce282

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bicycle racing has been my forte for the last 2 years using a P&S. Just got my D90 yesterday. Here's 2 from my sisters birthday party.

4893268889_f292bb028b.jpg

4893862190_3082d66eab_z.jpg

Thanks,

Bruce

First off i'm very jealous because I really want a D90 because I only have the D40x, and I really want to upgrade. Great shots I like the second one especially, lovely color and the focus looks great I bet that would look wicked blown up.

Picture 1 looks a tad over-exposed maybe due to a fill flash? Otherwise focus looks good.

Second picture looks nice, colors are vibrant however personally, I like less of the shadows on flower shots. Reflector may have helped.

#1 is very nice but has a color balance problem with her (but not the background ... she's in the shade, the background is in the sun).

Here's a quick edit:

4893268889_f292bb028b.jpg

I know I need to RTFM and I will, but

astroskeptic - I printed my picture and your edit, small difference in WB, HUGE difference in what it looks like printed, thanks. Is this something that could have been corrected in the camera or is the sun/shade combo something that needs post processing?

Since I have shots of 5 other folks at the same table time to practice my editing skills.

Now a more general question. Another hobby of mine is model railroading. One of the gurus on an MR forum says to always shoot the maximum resolution your camera will do with an eye towards being able crop and still have good quality. Does this hold true when shooting the real world?

Thanks all,

Bruce

astroskeptic - I printed my picture and your edit, small difference in WB, HUGE difference in what it looks like printed, thanks. Is this something that could have been corrected in the camera or is the sun/shade combo something that needs post processing?

Since I have shots of 5 other folks at the same table time to practice my editing skills.

Now a more general question. Another hobby of mine is model railroading. One of the gurus on an MR forum says to always shoot the maximum resolution your camera will do with an eye towards being able crop and still have good quality. Does this hold true when shooting the real world?

Thanks all,

Bruce

yes, shoot maximum quality with your d90 it wont hurt the shots and you might need the resolution for a crop.

Thanks all,

Bruce

Yes, In my opinion you should always shoot at the highest resolution, and maybe in the RAW format that your camera offers. Otherwise, you may get a great shot, and not be able to make it larger or crop enough. But really do some reading on RAW format, it makes a huge difference in the image quality. With JPEG, your images are compressed. The RAW images have no compression and also never touch the in camera photo processor.

Most reactions

Back