New Dog, Old Tricks (or Help! Young Guy Regresses to Film)

nikon FM2N + 50mm = sweet.

other then that, my advise is ilford delta pro ISO 125 and Velvia 50 (if you can find it) if not, then Velvia 100.

Just remember when using the older Nikon AI and AIS manual focus lens on the N75 is that you will have no light meter, or automatic exposure modes available, and you must set the camera to the manual exposure mode.

The N75 is a good little camera, it just has it's little idiosyncrasies about non CPU lenses, and the fact it just never won the hearts and minds of everybody.

The N-line of cameras were more or less aimed at soccer moms, first time SLR users (former P&S users), and amature photographers who were looking to get an AF camera that wouldn't break the bank. With the exception of the N90/N90s which is a very nice camera.

Have a better one,
Ed

Just remember when using the older Nikon AI and AIS manual focus lens on the N75 is that you will have no light meter, or automatic exposure modes available, and you must set the camera to the manual exposure mode.

The N75 is a good little camera, it just has it's little idiosyncrasies about non CPU lenses, and the fact it just never won the hearts and minds of everybody.

The N-line of cameras were more or less aimed at soccer moms, first time SLR users (former P&S users), and amature photographers who were looking to get an AF camera that wouldn't break the bank. With the exception of the N90/N90s which is a very nice camera.

Have a better one,
Ed
Yep, and very under priced, too. I don't know about the G lenses, but it would otherwise use lenses all the way back to Ai.

Have a better one,
Ed

Just out of curiosity, what about the N75 makes it a "soccer mom" camera compared to the higher-end models? I know that it won't shoot infrareds or let me set film speed, but other than that, it seems to do everything I would need as a serious hobbyist photographer. I guess convenience (dedicated aperture/shutter dials, etc.)?

I made a bad call with the "soccer mom" line due to not thinking through what I was trying to state. But here is, I guess, what I was leaning toward.

The camera has enough bells and whistles for the serious photographic hobbyist, but it also would allow a "soccer mom" to get decent photos of her little soccer star by utlizing the convenience of the (P) setting on the camera. There by avoiding missed photos, which could occur while searching for the proper aperture or shutter speed to compensate for the changing light as the players move up and down the field.

I do realize that the camera has the Aperture priority, and Shutter priority settings that could be used, and the Sport Vari-program also. So, I guess I was talking through my hat that it was a "soccer mom" camera.

I did not mean any disrespect to anyone who owns, or uses this piece of equipment by what I had written.

I think I read that my Elan 7E also will not shoot infrared, why is that?

I mean if I loaded the film the camera would work right? it just wouldnt meter correctly? Im confused.

No, if it's like my N75, it's because it uses an infrared sensor to count the frames remaining, which will expose infrared film creating a "mist" on the bottom of the negative.

At least, I think this is how it works.

No, if it's like my N75, it's because it uses an infrared sensor to count the frames remaining, which will expose infrared film creating a "mist" on the bottom of the negative.

At least, I think this is how it works.

Yes.. you are correct. Same with the older Elans too...

If you are going to stick with Pentax DSLRs, I see no better choice than to go with a Pentax Film SLR (K-mount). Reason? lenses can be shared... (manual K-mounts can be used on that pentax DSLR of yours).

Having two systems with incompatible lenses just doesn't make sense.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back