New edit of my baby boy..cc please

momofthing1and2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First off Happy New year to everyone! Here is a picture that I've been working on, please tell me what you think.
lukebweyes.jpg

Exposure Time1/200 secF-NumberF 5.6ISO Speed Ratings200Focal Length48.0 mmFlashUnknown ("31")

That's really nice. I'm a big fan of selective coloring, but the ones I've posted haven't gone over well.. I think you've done a good job.

He looks very young but with a very mature, thoughtful expression.

Love the photo, but the selective coloring is a bit much. Is that his natural eye color? They seem a bit fake looking. Maybe the coloring would look better if it was a bit more muted?

awesome, thanks for the comments. I agree and will probably tone it down a little. His eyes are bright blue for real but this is enhanced for sure.

I like the softness of the skin and teh highlights, but the cars in the background are distracting, and the border gradient and selective coloring are way overdone.

I like the softness of the skin and teh highlights, but the cars in the background are distracting, and the border gradient and selective coloring are way overdone.

Love the photo, but the selective coloring is a bit much. Is that his natural eye color? They seem a bit fake looking. Maybe the coloring would look better if it was a bit more muted?

Like I said, I like it, but this is pretty much what I got, too, when I posted selective color pictures. For some reason, people pick them apart when it's eyes you're coloring, but a rose or something like that usually goes over well.

ha. thanks stsinner! I appreciate the comments! :)

I come and go when it comes to selective coloring. Sometimes a shot just screams out to be "colored". I know there are people in both camps, but I let my own thoughts decide.

On this one, maybe try him only, keeping the background B&W. Maybe soften and darken the background as well. Just some thoughts.

By the way "Cute Kid!"

I recently did this for a friend and found that there is a pretty cool effect when you have the subject wearing a blue shirt (or green if the eyes are green) and do the selective coloring on both to really show the contrast.

Good picture, but upon seeing it I immediately think of the trailer for the new movie "Unborn".

unborn.png

If this movie trailer wasn't in the back of my mind creeping me out, I would say this is a really neat picture. :)

Good picture, but upon seeing it I immediately think of the trailer for the new movie "Unborn".

unborn.png

If this movie trailer wasn't in the back of my mind creeping me out, I would say this is a really neat picture. :)

OMG!! LOL!!! Thanks for the comment, I think!

Most reactions

Back