New Favourite Shot

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This has made it to the top of my favourite shots list :) Not sure what else I can say about it, just hope it's not another one of "those" shots that only I love.
C&C always welcome and appreciated.

Reflection

Ok I just figured out what else to say lol
It's the reflection of a break in the clouds on the pond :)

Thanks dxqcanada :)
Didn't see the Dr Who thing but now that you mention it I do :)
I caught a view of it from a distance and see a different face in it from far away, my oldest sees a dog... I love it more and more , it might very well be the first shot I get printed and framed :)

See, I told you that you were becoming an Artist.

this is ground control to Major Tom....

Nevermid...we've lost him...

lol.

Seriously though, glad you did something you are quite happy with. Feels good to actually like something you make.

It looks like toilet paper floating in the water :)

Thanks Ernicus, and Schwetty (I think? lol)

Judi, Glad I read your post of what it is; reflections of clouds in a pond. Knowing what it is helps someone like me understand what you're trying to convey. When you 1st viewed the scene in the lake, was there a 3D effect that showed the clouds below the water? Did the water have a tint? Was there a point of reference from the shoreline that's not included in your photograph that you remember when you view the image?

Right now I'm stuck on the fence not sure which way to go. Interpretation isn't a strong point for me. As you know, my florals are all about details in a finite setting.

Hey Joel, yeah I figured posting what it actually is was probably wise.

I was down by the pond watching for a snapping turtle, (he is HUGE and I have yet to see him other than from across the pond) and it was a very overcast day the sun only poked out a couple times.

While I was staring at the water (thought I saw him!) the sun broke through and the reflection of it was right in front of me. What you see is uncropped and pretty much the whole spot that reflected, the rest of the pond was dark from the clouds. The water is a rust colour, the clouds were VERY dark and I saw depth in the reflection... then a face that kept appearing and disappearing as the wind blew the water so I snapped some shots.

Now we know I'm a little "different" lol I immediately saw a woman's face when I opened this one (eyes are the dark blue spots at the top, white highlight is the bridge of the nose and mouth is distorted below that, my daughter sees it as a dog). I walked away from the computer and happened to look at it from across the room and saw a man's face in the same spot. The more I look around in the image I see other things... almost... and that adds to the charm in it for me.

I know the shot isn't everyone's cup of tea but that's ok :)

Like you I love finite details and working at the "perfect" nature/wildlife shot, this kind of stuff is very different to me, I love finding things that aren't what they appear to be or things that are formed by "chance" in nature. I know not everyone sees what I see in it but if one person does then it's alllll good, I know I've not gone a little soft in the noggin yet lol :)

Now we know I'm a little "different" lol I immediately saw a woman's face when I opened this one (eyes are the dark blue spots at the top, white highlight is the bridge of the nose and mouth is distorted below that, my daughter sees it as a dog). I walked away from the computer and happened to look at it from across the room and saw a man's face in the same spot. The more I look around in the image I see other things... almost... and that adds to the charm in it for me.

I went back and looked for the face before reading your description... I picked it out as you described.... Interesting shot, I like it.

Thanks Ernicus, and Schwetty (I think? lol)

Np, and you're welcome.

I don't particularly like it much...but thats just a taste thing. I really like that you like it and that you're proud of it though.

Thanks Alan :) I'm pretty sure my naming of this thread was a fail lol I should have called it something like "Do you see the face?"

Ernicus, cool :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back