Hey Joel, yeah I figured posting what it actually is was probably wise.
I was down by the pond watching for a snapping turtle, (he is HUGE and I have yet to see him other than from across the pond) and it was a very overcast day the sun only poked out a couple times.
While I was staring at the water (thought I saw him!) the sun broke through and the reflection of it was right in front of me. What you see is uncropped and pretty much the whole spot that reflected, the rest of the pond was dark from the clouds. The water is a rust colour, the clouds were VERY dark and I saw depth in the reflection... then a face that kept appearing and disappearing as the wind blew the water so I snapped some shots.
Now we know I'm a little "different" lol I immediately saw a woman's face when I opened this one (eyes are the dark blue spots at the top, white highlight is the bridge of the nose and mouth is distorted below that, my daughter sees it as a dog). I walked away from the computer and happened to look at it from across the room and saw a man's face in the same spot. The more I look around in the image I see other things... almost... and that adds to the charm in it for me.
I know the shot isn't everyone's cup of tea but that's ok
Like you I love finite details and working at the "perfect" nature/wildlife shot, this kind of stuff is very different to me, I love finding things that aren't what they appear to be or things that are formed by "chance" in nature. I know not everyone sees what I see in it but if one person does then it's alllll good, I know I've not gone a little soft in the noggin yet lol
