New Foo Fighters C.D.

MDowdey said:
pat smear played on the first two foo fighters albums(the colour and the shape) he also was the second guitarest for nirvana before cobain got selfish and ended it.

craig shiflett replaced pat smear from the album one by one and on.

out of everyone in music, i think i respect grohl the most. foo fighters are what nirvana could never be. poppy, edgy, having mass appeal, and you can sing along with it without feeling like you were going to shoot yourself.
Well, with all due respect, you can't say Nirvana didn't have mass appeal - just maybe a bit darker, of course. ;) Cobain suffered from clinical depression that was left untreated, and in that lifestyle the guy was doomed. But he was a brilliant pop writer - I know Nirvana doesn't exactly sound like a pop band, but when you peel those songs apart and subtract those screaming vocals, that's exactly what they are. (Case in point: "About A Girl" - you listen to the studio version vs. the "Unplugged" version and all is revealed). If he'd lived past the depression, there's no telling how the music would have matured. [sigh] It's been years and I'm still not over it. A tragic waste. :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back