New forum sections?

What? They should have done a background check before they made you a mod Overread. We expect more from you.

I'm somewhat confused why we've had these three sections added when out gear section is already underused and not overly filled with threads outside of beginners.

That said now its there - least you guys can do is make the job easy and help flag the needed to be moved threads with report posts :) (mods can't read everything ;)).

I vote we have a "I just learned how to run a 9-year-old point-and-shoot last week and now have three weddings to shoot this weekend.... what camera / lens / flash combo and post software do I need?" section.
We also need a "I want to buy a $5,000 camera set-up, but I only have $200... so where do I buy it from?" arena.
image207-1.gif

I want them to make a whining, moaning, griping and complaining section. I'll just post all my stuff there.

That's the sub-title of all the sections on here.

We've actually had quite a few request over the years for dedicated camera hardware sections. We believed it would help organzine some of the discussions. It's not set in stone, we are just testing it out for now. If it works well, we'll continue to add other manufacturers.

Last edited:
I've not been overly active here for very long, but my personal opinion is that we should really really organize the sections that are actually being used. The newbie forum is not necessary, it only messes up the entire board. The Galleries aren't being used nearly enough! Also, I'd wish we had a sort of "Photographic suggestions": suggestions on stuff to shoot. I.e. it's said to be visible northern lights as south as Oslo today or tomorrow, but I don't know where to post it (although I suppose it would fit into the "Photographic Discussions" section).

On a Norwegian forum I'm a member of, we have a dedicated C&C section, and the mods are being really strict on on what is allowed in there. Having strict guidelines would benefit the board, I think.

We've actually had quite a few request over the years for dedicated camera hardware sections. We believed it would help organzine some of the discussions. It's not set in stone, we are just testing it out for now. If it works well, we'll continue to add other manufacturers.

You've also had about 10 trillion requests for stickies and FAQs that have been summarily ignored for reasons far less poignant than this.

The inter-workings of TPF are an enigma. I'd pay good money to see the discussions between the mods.

Ya, the problem with sticky threads is that nobody reads them. I've had a sticky in the Digital section, saying not to post questions about lenses in that section...but everyday...there are a bunch more lens questions in there.

Originally Posted by Kerbouchard
I want them to make a whining, moaning, griping and complaining section. I'll just post all my stuff there.

Maybe time to bring back the whining forum...

Perhaps not, but it would give us long-timers a link we could throw at people when they ask the same crud over and over again, which is way better than us getting wound up and annoyed and then expressing what the poster should do with their crud while so annoyed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back