New from Canada

Jshel101

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, I just purchased my first DSLR last night. I bought a Canon T4i. I'm looking forward to going through this forum to learn as much as possible. I know nothing about DSLR cameras. I tried to play around with my cousins D5100, but I think it confused me more than anything. Looking forward to when my new camera is shipped to me.

Thank you. I'll check this out right away.

Congrats on the new camera and welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the site.

Thank you for the welcome. My camera finally came the other day. Spending time reading the tutorials and the manual. Mostly sticking to the auto setting right now.

Welcome to TPF!

The manual is your friend. Read it and then once you're done, read it again.

Dump the auto. You will learn nothing.

Begin with the basics and play with the apperature and shutter speeds...

Welcome aboard.First off use your manual.No need to memorize it,it is a reference manual.Learn how to use the manual.Learn how to use Google.
Actually,there are things to be learned in auto.You can review how the camera itself acheived proper exposure through its use of the Exposure Triangle.

Thanks everyone. I started playing around with the manual setting. Been taking lots of pictures trying to get the shots right. Learned a lot about my camera in the last couple days. I downloaded the manual to my iPad. I find it easier to read there. I'm leaving for a trip to Hawaii in a few weeks. I have so much to learn before I leave. I want to take half decent pictures while I'm there.

Most reactions

Back