New from Virginia

SMartin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, my name is Scott and I live in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. I retired from the military in April of last year and a disabled Iraq veteran. I love to hike, backpack and fish. I also love to take pictures but, up until recently only had a Casio Exilim point and shoot camera which has the ability to take good pictures. I recently bought a Nikon D3100 used for a great price with the 18-55mm kit lens and also have the 55-300mm telephoto lens. I figured my hobbies would justify buying a new camera and look forward to taking many breath-taking(hopefully) pictures. Here is one I took and played around with. I look forward to reading and learning much from here.

Welcome! Are you in the northern or southern poruotn of the valley? Lots of great places for photos out there. I am in N VA and try to get out that way about once a month.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

I am in the central portion in Staunton and yes, lots of beautiful places to photography and lots of waterfalls

Welcome, Scott, from Maryland.
There are other military people here; I'm retired and sometimes miss it.

Welcome from the Eastern Shore!

Military has changed over the years and not for the better. I don't miss it one bit.

Most reactions

Back