New Fuji 70-300 is a winner!

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Very happy with the results of this new lens. These were taken from quite a distance. My daughters seat was on the 30 yard line and I was outside the end zone about another 10 yards behind the fence so about 50 total yards away. Great AF with this lens and the OIS helped when at full zoom. These are jpegs. I’ve cropped them a bit and made some minor tweaks in iPhoto.

f5.6, ISO 200, 1/500

7E0F8F3E-696F-492C-B7E0-985C9C4207AE.jpeg
A6852CE4-AF46-4D76-87FC-5294B7C6F2BD.jpeg
F6856DF7-D885-4146-8268-783E0A43B7ED.jpeg

Nice shots, good reach.

Looks good. Glad to hear it is working out for you.

nice photos ... however I'd consider to check if fine tuning the autofocus won't help a bit .. but this is just a generic thing .. it's usually a little more visible on macro and long zoom lenses when there is a little room to grow in the meaning of AF tunning .. look please for inspiration here

I know you have different lens and camera but see the part starting at 2:10

Nice shots, good reach.
Thanks Bear!
Looks good. Glad to hear it is working out for you.
Thank you yes very happy with it so far.
nice photos ... however I'd consider to check if fine tuning the autofocus won't help a bit .. but this is just a generic thing .. it's usually a little more visible on macro and long zoom lenses when there is a little room to grow in the meaning of AF tunning .. look please for inspiration here

I know you have different lens and camera but see the part starting at 2:10

My (very limited) understanding is that the Fuji focus system focuses at the sensor, it doesn't require calibration like a DSLR

Most reactions

New Topics

Back