New gear Baby! Thanks for the advice!

RyanLilly

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I originally had my eyes on a new 40D, but along the way while saving up my pennies, I began to seriously consider a 20D and I'm glad that I did. Found a 20D for $450 on craigslist, it was a backup camera and almost never used. Picked up a 50mm 1.4...this is a nice lens!

I know that everyone talks up the 1.8 for the price, but for my money I would recommend the 1.4 any day, fast focus even in extremely dark places, very pleasing bokeh, just nice.

The performance of the 20D is very good as well, I can shoot a lot of shots quickly and never fill the buffer normally, is quick and responsive, and even @ ISO 1600 the quality is good considering the shooting situations(a couple of very dim bars my friends were playing)

So thanks Keith, you convinced me to try the 20D over waiting to get a 40D (or buying it on plastic) and I'm quite happy. An a general thanks to a few others who, through conversations with other posters lead me to go with the 1.4. Once I have a bit of time I'll try to post some of the low light shots. :D

Im keen to see the 1.4 in action. Its always nice to be pleased after a big purchase... Buyers remorse sucks.

Congrats on the new gears though :D

You'll be more than happy. I pick up my 20D just as many times as I pick up the 40D...just depends on which lens I have hooked up to what. $475 is great for a 20D. Besides, you saved like $800 which is a great start toward a 5D :).

The 50 1.4 makes me very, very jealous. Nice buy.

Most reactions

Back