new guy from chicago

snappin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all-

Been trollin the forum for the past couple weeks. I must say, I can spend hours at a time looking at all the amazing photos here. You all seem like a great bunch and I am looking forward to sharing some of my pictures with you as well as learning a couple things.

A little background on me: I have really been wanting to take my photography further (than a high school class and a 3MP p&s at the bars). I finally bit the bullet and bought myself a rebel XT (the current price made it a bunch easier). I'm really lookin forward to getting out and just spending some time with the new camera. I live downtown in Chicago and have seen many an opportunity.

I just wanted to say hi, and throw up one of the first pics I took with the new camera, so here it is. Let me know what you think!

IMG_0049web.jpg

I was watching tv with my girlfriend (the subject) and trying to figure out all the ins and outs of the camera. Whilst taking snapshots of her making funny faces of me (probably because I was beeing a goofball with a new toy) she posed for this one. I thought it came out pretty cool (obviously I was brushing up on my photoshop skills as well). Let me know what you think! C&C Always welcome!

I think I'm the offical Chicago Promotion Department of the forum, so Welcome! I like the pic quite a bit. Although you say it's posed, it looks like a candid, which I think is great. Where in the city are you? I'm in Canaryville/Back of the Yards (depending on what map you're looking at).

I'm in the west loop (near Madison & Halsted)

I mistyped when I said posed. It was definitely a candid. She was hiding trying to get me to stop snapping pictures in her face.:lol:

Most reactions

Back