new guy from Los Angeles CA

StefaninLA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys

My name is stefan. I live in Los Angeles via Sweden. Life long musician and i work in the entertainment undustry.

Im a hobby photographer using a canon 6d with various lenses.

I like doing concert photography. Landscapes and cityscapes.

Hoping to learn a lot and potentially meet fellow Los Angeles photographet.

Nice to be here.

I was trying to upload a photo but it said the file is too big??? Surprising since its a photo forum?

Its a raw file. Is it because Im a newbie and dont have that priviledge yet?

Max file size on any forum is usually 4mb and prob has to be in a jpeg format. The online client for all forums is set up that way unfortunately. Or at least all that I've been a part of. Facebook can't even handle RAW format and that's a billion dollar company haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah ok...Thanks. Is it ok to link to 500px for instance I hope. It just seems strange that you cant post full RAW wuality images on a photo forum.

It's just a forum, not a photo hosting server. Like I said before, social media sites that have spent millions don't support it. A forum is simply a site that anyone can start using a client. It's free(usually). Hosting those items cost money. Ask the mods. They usually don't like links from noobs. But if they use the site I'm sure they won't care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was trying to upload a photo but it said the file is too big??? Surprising since its a photo forum?

Its a raw file. Is it because Im a newbie and dont have that priviledge yet?
Welcome!

Right. This site can't display RAW files, and if you upload a large JPG, it will reduce the size to what more easily can be displayed on screen. You can upload JPGs that have been reduced to no larger than 1,000 pixels on the longest side. When you attach a photo, you will see the option to display "thumbnail" or "full size".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back