New guy from Mississippi (and West Virginia)

insignia100

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm currently a 3rd year veterinary student at Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine and just purchased my first dSLR, a Nikon D3100. I've been eyeing dSLRs for awhile now but it wasn't until some recent advantageous firearm sales provided me with the funds to finally get a camera.

Back in high school I took a film photography class, and everything I learned way back when is slowly trickling back. I am by no means skilled yet but I've already taken a few photos that I quite like.

Attachments

• $DSC_0044.JPG
    $DSC_0044.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 118
  • $DSC_0059.jpeg
    $DSC_0059.jpeg
    251.9 KB · Views: 140
They are good pictures, you got the focus right, an interesting composition and a subject. Way ahead of some other beginners
Welcome to the forum!

Back in high school I took a film photography class, and everything I learned way back when is slowly trickling back. I am by no means skilled yet but I've already taken a few photos that I quite like.

You may not be skilled but I like your eye.

Thanks! I like texture, which is one reason I gravitate towards trees. Consequently, many of the pictures I've taken so far have been pretty similar! Of course, I've only had the camera for a day so I'm looking forward to getting out seeing some new scenery.

Welcome to the site.

Hello and welcome aboard!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back